Christmas time is all about rushing around, buying gifts, baking and decorating the house inside and out. But wait step on the brakes because Christmas is the perfect time to be romantic. As you tick off the hundreds of things on your list perhaps you will include one or all of the ideas below.
Romantic Outdoor Activities
- Book a ride for two on a carriage ride or hayride. Bring the special hot chocolate and a blanket. It doesn’t matter if it is through a snow covered country side or a city lit up in Christmas finery like Victoria, B.C. It will be a night to be remembered.
- Cozy up in the front seat of your vehicle and take a drive around the city. Admire the creative efforts of people who have been bitten by the Christmas bug. Some are so inspired by the Christmas Season that their yards become visions of surgar plums, gingerbread houses, nativity scenes and Santa’s workshop. The creativity and hard work alone is a splendid example of Canadians’ dedication to this season. And the love and warmth of the season brings you both closer together as you ooh and ahh.
- Drive to the top of a hill or mountain overlooking the city and check out the view at Christmastime. A blanket, some apple cider and Christmas carols playing on the radio should set the mood.
- Going out for a skating date as you hold hands and float over the ice like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
- Climb into the hot tub and look up at the starry sky. Drink champagne and enjoy the winter wonderland.
- Go skiing, curl up in a cabin by a roaring fire.
- Serenade your loved one with Christmas Carols.
Romantic Indoor Activities
- Curl up with your loved one and watch the Christmas classics. A few of my favourites are, It’s a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, A Christmas Carol and Holiday Inn.
- Wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve with a bottle of wine always ends up being a hilarious night. Not so much Christmas morning when the kids wake up at four in the morning.
- Baking together is very romantic and a way to a guy’s heart.
Christmas time is about giving and loving the people in your life. Don’t forget about the most important person and take the time to infuse the season with romance. It’s a great break from the craziness around you and will turn up the heat in your relationship a couple of degrees.